Do you know what Mulch is made of? Mulch is a material (such as decaying leaves, bark, or compost) that is normally spread around or over a plant to improve or protect the soil when placed. Mulch is placed in spring and fall time.
There are many benefits to mulching as follows:
• Prevent weed germination and growth.
• Support in soil moisture by protecting the plants in your garden from drying out rapidly.
• Moderates the soil temperatures from changing, meaning that it is very important during rough weather periods especially in the spring time when plants get stressed out.
• During the cold-winter time, it preserves plant roots from cold temperatures and helps to stop frost- heaving, in which plants are pushed out of the ground by the natural growth and from shrinking of the soil as it cools off and heats up.
• During hot-summer times, it supports to keep plants roots cooler in extreme hot temperatures.